5 main factors to get your startup funded.
Great Owls Investor Series takes a look at the world of innovation and entrepreneurship through the eyes of investors. Go inside the minds of the leading investors in South East Asia, where they reveal their personal lessons, provide us with an insider's look at their investment strategy and share the trends that will impact our lives.
On Great Owls TV - Vishal Harnal, a General Partner at 500 Startups. 500 startups is a global early-stage venture capital firm headquartered in Silicon Valley with over 2000 companies across 60 countries in its portfolio. Vishal is based in Singapore where he leads investments across South East Asia through its dedicated regional fund 500 Durians with over 180 companies, including flagships like Grab, Carousell and Bukalapak.
Prior to joining 500 startups Vishal was a lawyer at one of Asia’s leading law firms and has build a communications training company while still in university. Vishal is also a Kaufmann Fellow and has taught a course on Venture Capital at INSEAD and Entrepreneurship at the Singapore-MIT Alliance.
In this episode, Vishal:
- Reveals 5 main factors to get your startup funded
- Highlights what all successful founders have in common
- Outlines unique trends in the South East Asia’s startup ecosystem
- Shares must read books for every entrepreneur looking for funding or angel investors interested in investing
- Tells the one book that he’s been reading every year for 10 years