Key lessons on winning in South East Asia.
Great Owls Investor Series takes a look at the world of innovation and entrepreneurship through the eyes of investors. Go inside the minds of the leading investors in South East Asia, where they reveal their personal lessons, provide us with an insider's look at their investment strategy and share the trends that will impact our lives.
Key lessons on winning in South East Asia
Michael Lints, Partner at Golden Gate Ventures - an early-stage venture capital firm investing across Southeast Asia. Since 2011, the firm has invested in over 30 companies across more than 7 countries in Asia. Before becoming a Partner at Golden Gate Ventures, Michael Lints founded an IT business and his own Dutch SME-focused venture fund. Michael is also a competitive runner and cyclist.
In this episode, Michael:
- shares his lessons from seeing over 1,000 company pitches a year
- explains what makes the most successful companies
- highlights the importance of personal strategy vs business strategy
- gives insider tips for founders to get the most out of the investors
- and reveals the book the has impacted him the most