How to build a high-growth startup in South East Asia
Great Owls Investor Series takes a look at the world of innovation and entrepreneurship through the eyes of investors. Go inside the minds of the leading investors in South East Asia, where they reveal their personal lessons, provide us with an insider's look at their investment strategy and share the trends that will impact our lives.
On Great Owls TV - Carmen Yuen, a Partner at Vertex Ventures. Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India invests in high-growth start-ups seeking their first round of institutional venture capital funding across Asia. The firm is also behind co-working space Technopreneur Circle, located in Singapore's Raffles City Tower, serving a community of founders seeking to make an impact through their ventures.
Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India is part of a global venture fund network Vertex Venture Holdings - one of the longest operating venture capital firms in Asia.
In this episode, Carmen:
- Explains how Vertex Ventures evaluates whether a business is worth investing into
- Describes key investment criteria for high-growth startups
- Shares advice on fund-raising for founders
- Points out key mistakes startups make
- Compares technology and investment trends around the world
- Reveals the one book that has impacted her the most and is must-read for every founder.
Warning: Parameter 2 to __search_by_title_only() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/customer/www/greatowls.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303